Outlook from Microsoft 365 (Office 365) has a simplified Auto Account Setup wizard, the option to manually create an account no longer appears. However, there is a possibility to make the Outlook option for manual account setup available anyway.
- Close Outlook if it is already open.
- Next, open Registry Editor with the Windows+R keys and type regedit and click OK.
- In Registry Editor, navigate to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Setup
- Right-click to open menu and click New to select DWORD (32-bit):
- Rename the new DWORD key with the value : DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation
- Double-click the new key to change the value.
- In the field, enter a value of 1 and click OK.
- Close Registry Editor and restart Outlook.
It is also possible to activate the Outlook option for manual account setup do perform the REG ADD command.
To do this, open a command prompt with the key combination Windows+Rcmd and click OK.
Insert the following line in the command prompt and press Enter.
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Setup" /v "DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
Start Outlook and select Manual setup or additional server types.