Outlook from Microsoft 365 (Office 365) has a simplified Auto Account Setup wizard, the option to manually create an account no longer appears. However, there is a possibility to make the Outlook option for manual account setup available anyway.
- Close Outlook if it is already open.
- Next, open Registry Editor with the Windows+R keys and type regedit and click OK.
- In Registry Editor, navigate to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Setup
- Right-click to open menu and click New to select DWORD (32-bit):
- Rename the new DWORD key with the value : DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation
- Double-click the new key to change the value.
- In the field, enter a value of 1 and click OK.
- Close Registry Editor and restart Outlook.
It is also possible to activate the Outlook option for manual account setup do perform the REG ADD command.
To do this, open a command prompt with the key combination Windows+Rcmd and click OK.
Insert the following line in the command prompt and press Enter.
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Setup" /v "DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
Start Outlook and select Manual setup or additional server types.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?